You must be logged in to rate an idea.
Submitted by CHE KHADIJAH ABDUL (10-10-2012)
The letter 'Rr' sound
Initially I had some difficulty trying to teach this sound to my new students.
1. Get the children to wash their fingers first.
2. Then, I will show and let the kids feel for themselves with their own fingers, where their tongues should be inside their mouth.
3. Then have them curl their tongues.. fun to see these of cos.
4. OK, now they have some idea of what to do with their tongues..
5. I will then play 3 video clips for them to listen intently;
a. A cock crowing (see how its throat move to let out the sound)
b. A tiger roaring (they get to hear that vibration)
c. 2 cats growling at one another in a fight. (the rrrrrrr)
6. Children love animals, and if they have cats at home, ask them to really hear the sounds coming out as their cats fight.
7. By the end of this lesson, the students will be growling and crowing about gleefully.... and most will master the "r" sound in just this one session.
Good luck with your kids..