31 Desert Words And Pictures
31 Desert Biome - Words and Pictures...
I didn't realise there are so many different types of deserts! Hot and Dry, Semi-Arid, Coastal and Cold.
31 Desert Biome Words
|evaporation||hot and dry||hyena||grasshopper||jackrabbit|
31 Desert Biome Words - Suggestions for Use
- IMMERSE YOUR CHILDREN IN WORDS...
- GENERAL IDEAS FOR STORING AND USING THEME WORD CARDS
- Make a display of the 4 different types of deserts and label them. Children draw and cut out appropriate pictures to match the words - fill your display with their pictures and word labels..
- Use with the desert concept book...'In the desert I might see....'
- Research other desert animals and plants - 'google' these words to find out more interesting information about each term.
- Compare living (ecosystems) in the desert to living in the rainforest - list the similarities and differences in terms of 'Food Supply', 'Shelter', 'Weather', 'Animals', 'Plants'
- You can make these words smaller size by using the reduction settings on your printer and just printing off black and white copies, these smaller sizes are great for cut and paste activities .
- When not being used on a wall display, place them in labelled boxes (small wash powder boxes or yoghurt containers work well, or hanging pockets for continued 'grab and go' games and writing reference.
- All the activities from '101 Fun Flashcard Activities' are fantastic with these Words ...... (DON'T FORGET TO UTILIZE THIS TERRIFIC RESOURCE EVERYDAY)
- Please share how you have / would use this resource in the COMMENTS section below...
Search by TypeView all resources »
Free ResourcesAlphabet PrintablesPhonics ResourcesReading & WritingSight WordsTheme WordsConcept BooksSongs & RhymesMaths ResourcesGeneral / DisplaySchool Clipart