Concept Books .''during The Holidays'' And ''in Year _, I Will Learn..."
Concept Books - Back to School Ideas......
"During the Holidays"
"In Year ____ I Will Learn....."
Terrific for Back to School Activities - available with membership...
Subscribe for Full Access
During the Holidays
Concept Book - During the Holidays... Ideas for Use
- Enlarge the 'During the Holidays' book into a class size A3 or A4, so that each child has a 'During the Holidays'...A4 or A3 page. Each child contributes writing about their holiday, including an illustration. Use the contributions in a Sharing Circle. Make into a fantastic class book to be placed in the Class Library for Silent Reading Time.
- Ask the children to bring in a photo of a holiday activity. Pop the photos onto the pages and ask the children to write about what is happening in their photo.
- Copy the individual books onto A5 size. Depending on the levels of your children, you might ask them to write one sentence per page.
- Older children could be asked to write about their holidays using the 'Experience Plan' of - Who, What, When, Where, Why and Feelings.
- Don't forget to use your own holiday experiences for modelled writing first.
- Incorporate with many more Back to School Activities.